Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Party Like A Rock Star (Obama '08)


After much consideration and soul searching I have decided to officially endorse Barack Obama for President in 2008. Now this may not seem very important to some but to me I am very careful with my vote. I know some may say that my vote does not count or that a Black man will never win the election and that I am just wasting my vote on him, but of course I disagree. I am proud to say that I have Obama fever. There is something about this person that I am drawn to. I love his stand on the issues, especially Iraq. He is very straight forward about his past and the things that may taint him and his reputation. This guy is amazing. But it disturbs me that among most registered African American Democrats Hillary is the front runner and Barack is the front runner among Caucasian Democrats.
I am sure a lot of the Black Community will be going with Hillary because of her husband. But there is something about her that just does not rub me the right way. She has a stubbornness about her that is a big turn off to me. She does not seem to be very apologetic. And I think that we all know a President should know how to say "I am Sorry." I also feel that her being female is not a very positive thing. And please, before you guys fill my comments section with I hate you messages, hear me out. I believe that when it comes to foreign policy she will seem less competent(no matter how good she is) to the heads of our foreign counterparts. We all know the middle eastern ideas of women and how they are seen in their communities. I believe they will think us vulnerable because we have a female President. And I definitely believe that the President of Iran is ready to drop a nice big juicy Nuclear bomb on us as soon as possible.
_____________________________________
All in all out of all the candidates Barack seems to be the most capable. I think it is high time that we, as a community started to show the world what we can do. It is time to believe in ourselves and show them we are more than entertainer, athletes, and lackeys for our white counterparts.
As always comment and criticisms are always welcome.
Peace
IAMNOTANIGGA

No comments: