Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Please Brotha...Don't Sue Me!!!




Okay in recent news there has been a surge of ridiculous lawsuits spawned by disgruntled Black men. Now as a future law student all of this quite amuses me but I have to wonder, what happened to laws protecting individuals and companies from frivolous litigation? In one case a JUDGE is suing a dry cleaners for an obscene amount of money for missing pants. I think the sum total reaches over 50 Million dollars. Is he crazy??? There is no way his pants or his time is worth that much money. And when it was decided in court that he had no case he decided to appeal the decision. Come on Brotha....Move on. Its over. I am sure he didn't think that he was going to win. Really. And the funny thing is that the owners of the Dry Cleaners offered a settlement that was well above the price of any pair of pants in the world. No matter what brand. I just don't understand this. This man is a Judge and he is making a mockery out of our legal system. And he is wasting tax payer money by pursuing ridiculous vindication. This man needs to move on.




Another more humorous pending lawsuit is one of a Texas man suing 1800Flowers for sending his wife a receipt for gifts sent to his mistress. Now that is sweet Karma. But while listening to this mans argument he actually has a 10% chance of winning. If people think about the facts and not the fact that he was cheating there is a chance that 1800Flowers may be found liable. Let me run down what I have heard from various news sources...




1. This man specifically asked for nothing to be sent to his home. No receipt, no coupons, no correspondence of any kind. And they did anyway.


2. When the wife received the thank you card (which I am sure is computer generated and his name was probably automatically added to this list) she then called 1800Flowers to find out what he had bought.


3. Now this is where the problem comes in. 1800Flowers has a database of customer's information. If the customer is male or female. If they are a singular customer or representing a company and all that jazz. The problem is they sent this person who did not purchase these gifts an itemized receipt and listed to whom they were sent. Now 1800Flowers has a privacy policy and in this case the person who sent out this receipt broke it.




That is the long and short of it. Now do I think he got what he deserved...Let me think about it...Hell Yeah. But could 1800Flowers end up paying for their little mistake, possibly. We just have to see what happens. If the the man's attorney advises him correctly she will tell him to take the settlement that 1800Flowers will most likely offer.






PEACE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...I think that the judge doesn't really expect to win the cash, I think he's trying to prove a point about the poor customer service many of those Korean businesses offer in urban Black neighborhoods. I could be wrong, but that's what I think he's trying to get at. He should probably let it go at this point, but I can understand his frustration. 50mill worth? Not so much, but I can see where he's coming from.

The flower guy makes me sick!

Anonymous said...

I am an African American woman with naturally kinky/coarse hair. I decided to stop using

relaxers over a year ago, furthermore straightening my hair became a difficult task. I could never seem to get the results I was looking for out of a flat iron without going to a professional hair salon and

spending $65.00 a visit. I previously used FHI ceramic flat irons which straightened my hair and then left it frizzy again within the next hour. A hairstylist friend of mines suggested the Babyliss Pro

Titanium irons. I purchased them from Amazon for $70 bucks and received them in about 5 days. "A miracle!!" I can't live without them now. My hair goes from frizzy/kinky to silky/straight/shiny in the blink

of an eye. The best part is that it "STAYS" silky and straight until the next time I need to wash and straighten. No gimmic here. I highly recommend them over chi and fhi.

Anonymous said...

After having used a $20

straightener just to see if I'd actually use one if I had it, I finally stopped wanting to fry my hair, and decided to upgrade. I picked this one out because of the long titanium plates, and because I'd

heard an alarming amount of bad things about the Chi flat irons. I have been so happy with this straightener. My hair is super straight, smooth, and shiny. I've gotten so many compliments on my hair since

using it. It's glides right through my thick, stubborn, wavy hair. One stroke usually gets it perfect, some extremely stubborn parts take two. It's so easy and fast to use. I've got so much hair (a

hairdresser once called me "Mufasa", if that's any indication), and I'm done in about 15 minutes.