Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wings, Mozzarella Sticks, and Bigotry...To Go Please



For those who have been looking for me...sorry I have been working a second job and going to school. This time of year is very busy for me. But no worries, God is working it out and I know it will all be worth it in the end when I am the Senator of somebody’s state. But let me get to the point. Like I said I started working for Applebee’s in the evenings and on the weekend. The tips are good because I am naturally friendly. But I don't know how much I can take of the inside racism going on all up and through there. Let me tell ya'll what happened.

I was working late Monday, counting the minutes before I could leave and hoping that I did not get another table before I left. Well, while I was in the kitchen rolling silverware one of the cooks (white boy 1) and the boy who washes the dishes (white boy2) were having quite the interesting conversation.....

WB1: Guess what I am a member of!!!
WB2: What???
WB1: The Sons of the Confederacy!
WB2: Really...My grandfather is a Klansman. I can tell you where some meetings are....!

Okay let me give you some more info. After they saw that a Negro was standing right there seething and staring them right in the face they disbanded that conversation quick fast and in a hurry. But don't worry it gets better. The two dumb suckas listen to more rap music than I do. They do all the things that ignorant people feel is ethnic. They use the popular lingo. They do the manly "ghetto" handshake and if you could see how they wear their clothing you would swear they were extras on a G-Unit or Bad Boy video. I don't get it...they hate us so much that they do all they can to act like us. But it gets oh so better.

By the end of the night I was getting past what they had said and I was walking out of the kitchen when WB1 and WB2 were talking to each other. I suppose one said something that was funny because they started to laugh and giving each other the "ghetto" handshake. Well I'm naturally a comedienne so I started to mock them and they had the audacity to speak to me, and this is what was said...

WB1: Girl you don't even know what we talkin' bout.
WB2: Yeah Girl
WB1: Yeah we on anotha level.
WB2: Yeah...We WHITE so we on anotha level.
Me: (Sly smirk and shocking look plastered on face) You know what you are so right.

I just left the kitchen. I was so dumbfounded I did not know what to do or say. Now I had been secretly dissed and discriminated against but I had never experienced anything quite like this. I was not so much angry as I was amazed that he felt it was okay to say something like that to me. Obviously I was not the only one that was shocked. The white girl working in the kitchen was more upset than I was. (Or at least that’s how she acted.) I just had to get this out because I have to go to work tonight and I am more upset about this than I thought I would be. I know I live right in the Heart of Dixie but give me a break. We have to be more civilized than monkeys.


PEACE
IAMNOTANIGGA (never was never will be)

4 comments:

Cluizel said...

Damn...seriously?!? wow...

Michelle W. said...

Girl thats about all I could say when it happened. It was quite the experience. I always knew how I would act and react in a situation like this but when it happened I just walked away. I was so mad at myself and at them as well.

Anonymous said...

Now, THIS is some bull! Sheesh! I hope you've been okay since you wrote this post. Be careful going home at night.

Michelle W. said...

Girl I am good. I am not going to let those ignorant bigots stop me from doing anything. The Lord has got my back.