Friday, March 2, 2007

Getting Started

I figured that since my blog is all about poetry I should post at least one of my pieces to get things started.

Please remember I am an artist and I'm sensitive about my Shit.

Lover's Reunion

I said to him, “you are my kryptonite”.
And he took me into his arms weakening me and my ability to say no.
Like so many times before I succumbed to his touch and allowed him to posses me.
And like so many times before I knew that I would meet my end when he had been satisfied and had had his way.
Never should the two have met, but life is inevitable.
As is pain and love.
And he is it.
My love and my pain.

I said to him “please don’t do this”.
But he ravished me.
And I allowed it.
Allowed my brain to be clouded with the “what ifs”.
Because he would one day reach the finish line and I wanted to be there.
He would grow into his potential and be the man that I love so blindly.
But now he is just the boy that handles my heart so recklessly.
And I allow it.
Remembering that there is no joy without pain.
And he is it, my pain and my joy.

I said to him, “you will one day be the death of me”.
And while he watched me die, he was proud.
Proud of his ability to render me helpless without him.
Proud that he had broken me to the point of self loathing.
And I let it be.
Because if he didn’t love me he would not do this right.
No matter that the words had never escaped his lips to send liberation to my ears.
I knew deep down that this had to be love.
If not, then what is all this pain and torment for?
For the amusement of the gods and the toughening of my skin.
All the while thinking without sacrifice their can be no acceptance.
And he accepted my mind as sacrificial treasure.

I said to him, “this can no longer go on”.
And he cried for the first time.
Love was all he had, but I now knew that he was poison.
And I left.
Never to return to purposely imprison my heart.
Until we meet again………………….


I hope you enjoyed this poem. Feel free to leave comments and critisisms.
Peace.
IAMNOTANIGGA

No comments: