Tuesday, March 6, 2007

POET SPOTLIGHT

The first Poet that I will highlight is Saul Williams. This Guy is more than deep. He is simply amazing. I don't know how to describe how I feel about him and the work that he does. He is a published Poet, Rapper, Writer, Actor and an activist for ALL People. If you don't know you better ask somebody because Saul Williams is where it's at. I first discovered him while watching Girlfriends (Yes Girlfriends. I happen to like that show.) and he was playing the part of promiscuous Linn's boyfriend. He was a Poet (of course) and celibate. I thought a piece that he performed on the show was interesting so I googled him and fell in love with his poetry and his CD. Now I knew his Poetry would be good but I was not so sure about his album. But that was good to. It has poetry and rap on it. It was, to say the least, GOOD. So check out Saul at on his web site http://www.saulwilliams.com/. I am sure you will love him as much as I do. And if you don't...let me know. You know I love constructive criticism.




_____________________________________________
List of Saul's Poetry and Music
Books:

The Dead Emcee Scrolls: The Lost Teachings of Hip Hop
She
Said Shotgun to the Head
The Seventh Octave (Early Writings of Saul Williams)

Records:

Penny For A Thought / Purple Pigeons
Saul Williams (self titled Album)


___________________________________________
Live And On Time
(Listen to Saul)
Listen and watch Black Stacey Video.


There are other poets featured on this website as well.
You can listen to them and Saul as well.
Enjoy and like always constructive criticism is always welcome.

No comments: